- zhongwen.com — This site contains the complete Rick Harbaugh’s “Chinese Characters: A Genealogy and Dictionary”.
- Taiwan Entertainment: A site filled with Taiwanese variety shows and dramas.
- Learn to Speak Mandarin with 1000 Words: 100 lessons with audio. You can choose either Pinyin or Zhuyin to help with reading.
- Standard Chinese: A Modular Approach: Lessons created by the FSI for those learning Chinese.
- Free Mandarin Chinese Lessons: Takes the lessons from FSI and provides them in a more and usable format for the web.
- MDGB Dictionary: A Chinese-English Dictionary. Simplified and Traditional characters included.
Apps and Other Resources:
- (APP) Pleco – This dictionary is awesome. Lots of dictionaries to choose from. You can display words in Pinyin or Zhuyin. There are several downloadable add-ons available, such as monolingual dictionaries, improved functionality, and audio, but they’re not all frree.
- Remembr.it Chinese Character Course – a web app for learning Chinese characters. It uses spaced repetition to make learning efficient.
- Remembr.it Chinese Vocabulary Course – a web app for improving Chinese vocabulary. Audio included, of course.
- (APP) PPS影音 – Like the Viki app, but for Chinese media.