Earlier this month I announced a challenge that I created to get more genuine book reading time in. Basically, the challenge was to read nine books that I borrowed from the library before they were due back.
Well, after serious consideration, I realized why this challenge was flawed from the start…
By the way, here‘s the post of my original challenge.
the biggest flaw
In both my challenge and language learning in general: Doing what you “have” to do instead of doing what you want to do.
After reading a few pages of each book, I realized that some “clicked” instantly while others just made me sleepy. So I’ve decided to change the challenge around a bit to make sure it remains challenging as well as fun.
- I can select any book, provided I borrow it from the library
- A log of all the books available as well as their status (read, unread, etc.)
- My reading list will be dynamic, since I have no idea whether I’ll like a book.
- I’ll try to keep the total amount of pages as close to the original number (2949) as possible. If I’m feeling awesome I’ll try to surpass it.
the books（challenge over!）
ルート225 by 藤野千夜 (282 pages)READ
- レベレ７by 宮部みゆき (664 pages!!!)
- 椿山課長の七日間by 浅田次郎（405 pages）
- イン ザ・ミソスープby 村上龍（238 pages)
- 翻訳のおきてby 河野一郎（221 pages）